Thursday, May 19, 2011

Ghettoism # 25

I want to dedicate this post to my home girl B, for inspiring me with her used-UNITED POSTAL SERVICE FIRST CLASS packing tape WALL PATCH.


B, I've known you since 2003, and in all that time you've never taken the tape off and patched the damn hole in your bedroom wall. I just want to take a moment to salute you, because every time I see that hole I shake my head and say, "That's So Ghetto."


Ghettoism #25:
Using all manner of household objects to fix something that really isn't that difficult to fix properly.


This one's on me guys. Yeah, when I moved in, the curtain rods were already falling off the window-frame. Yeah, when I moved in I gave it the ol' dykey hammer-and-nail try. Since then, the brackets have collapsed, and thus, rather than going to the hardware store to get replacements and actually install the curtain rod properly, I opted to hang a hanger on the remaining hardware to support the curtain rod.
It took about 2 minutes to adjust and when it was done, I took a step back and remarked, "Wow... That's so ghetto."
and then, "Haha, wait till I tell B".


HAPPY BIRTHDAY B!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment