Saturday, May 14, 2011

Introduction:

About 6 months ago, a queer white chick raised in the sub-urbs of Staten Island, ventured out into the adventurous world of independent living, and cheap rent brought her to.... THE HEIGHTS!

Okay, okay, what the hell is this crazy chick doing moving her pale ass that far uptown? Right?
Well this white chick is pretty damn crazy, but it's not like I didn't go to City College "The College of Diversity". Actually, since high school I've pretty much chilled in places where white is the minority, and everyone is on their last dime. And that's the way I like it, cuz let's face it- I am one broke-ass mutha'sucka', and anyway rich white people are boring as hell!


Which brings me to.... Character!
Honestly I love my new neighborhood. Guys hangin' outside the barbershops, tryin' to holler, old dudes sitting in their lawn chairs, enjoying the sidewalk....


Best of all it's CHEAP!
I swear, It's a dream for this vegetarian to be half a block away from the FRESHEST, So-Cheap-the-chick gave-me-a-free-piece-of-fruit-just-because-she-didn't-wanna-break-my-dollar, Can't-get-this-shit-anywhere-else PRODUCE


And on top of all that, you don't need to pay cover at a club, cuz it's FREE MUSIC NIGHT EVERY SATURDAY! haha okay, that one can get a bit annoying when they roll up (in the MINIVAN) at 2am and I gotta get up for work at 5, but... overall, I love the character.

Oh yeah.. did I mention all the sexy latinas? Damn, can't touch, but I can look though ;)


Anyway, this blog is intended to document all my little not-so-boring encounters that give the Washington Heights/Inwood border its CHARACTER :)

1 comment:

  1. DO I LOVE THIS? HELL TO THE YEAAAA! IM DYING CUZ ALL U SAYING IS SOO TRUUUUUEE. LMAO

    LATINA POWER!*
    LMAO.

    ReplyDelete